Contrary to what most people think, event planning isn’t just one big task. It involves a lot of processes and goes beyond mere sketching plans for what should happen at an affair, as it encompasses the event execution and follow-up too.
In fact, event planning management has become a vast industry that it is projected to grow by 30 percent every year. To top that off, event planners are deemed very important when it comes to other fields like advertising as their expertise are required to establish successful products launch, concerts, exhibitions, and many others. Because of this, event planning is, in a sense, a more elaborate and interactive form of promotion.
Event management services cover many aspects and understanding every single one of them is imperative for an event planner to be successful in the industry. Every affair is unique, so it is possible that a professional event planner would have to adapt.
Below are 4 examples of event management services that you should know about.
- Event Management
Event management is the core service offered by companies in the industry. It involves the most basic processes involved in any kind of affair like the preparation and execution of the actual event. According to experts, event management is often confused to be one and the same as event planning as both have components that are similar. To make matters worse, some event planners offer event management services and vice versa.
Professional event managers have the following responsibilities:
- Choosing and booking a venue
- Communication with vendors (e.g. caterers, sound system, etc.)
- Hiring entertainment or speakers
- Setting up transportation of guests
- Acquiring licenses and permits needed for the event
- Ensuring compliance with local safety and health standards
- Coming up with contingency plans and crisis management protocols
- Overseeing the event
- Event Coordination
Event coordination is another key service offered by event management companies. Event coordinators, as their title implies, specialize in coming up with ways to communicate, inspire, and entertain through innovation. They are involved in the most important components of an event, including audios, visuals, lighting, entertainment, decoration, theme, styling, and catering.
- Venue Sourcing
Many event management companies also offer venue sourcing services which involves developing logistic solutions for an event. This service includes tasks such as assigning ground transportation, booking and organizing accommodation and venue, managing event venue necessities like audio-visuals, and coming up with social activities. This event management service is often acquired by companies for conferences and other affairs that involves the firm.
- Special Events Planning
Special events planning services covers almost every type of event there is. However, this kind of event management service is often acquired by people who want to pass the daunting task of organizing birthday parties, weddings, anniversary celebrations, and other family affairs to the capable hands of professionals.
Main Event Categories For Event Management Companies
To understand event management further, we have listed down the main categories used by event management companies in tagging their services:
- Sports Events are those that involve athletic contests. Some large-scale companies may hold golf tournaments to gain more patronage from their customers and acquire new ones or to inspire employees.
- Commercial Marketing and Promotional Affairs are typically held to advertise a brand. This may involve unique and creative interactive activities related to the product or service.
- Arts, Culture, and Entertainment are often conducted to attract huge crowds. Its main purpose is to have people enjoy but it can also be used for a company to gain more customers.
- Exhibitions and Trade Shows features native products from a locality or shop.
- Press Conferences involve presenting ideas, statements, and new matters to the public through various media outlets.
- Product Launches involves introducing a new brand. Holding this kind of event is typically aimed at gaining customers and establishing a good first impression to the new product or service.
- Personal or Family Events includes birthdays, weddings, and other personal events. Aside from celebrating a milestone in someone’s life, it is also a way of reuniting with relatives or friends.