Hors d’oeuvres or popularly known as finger food are typically the most common foods that are served in event caterings because aside from being delicious, they are convenient to eat. When planning for an event, catering is one of the best options to save you time. Most of the time, companies look for food caterers to serve meals for their events.
Catering can also make life easier for the planner to work on the entertainment rather than preparing and cooking food. Whether you go for an All-American, Mexican, Asian, or a combination of these cuisines, your guests for the event will be thrilled to try the delicious spread of finger foods that are on the set menu. There are a lot of options to select from on what to serve for your event. Here are the top 8 finger foods that can make your event stress-free.
1. Egg Rolls with Avocado. These rolls have a variation on the usual Asian egg rolls. It has a touch of creamy fresh flavor because of the avocado. Aside from the fact that avocados are delicious, they are also packed with vitamins and minerals such as potassium. This delicious fruit is even considered as one of the superfoods because of its health benefits.
2. Meatballs. You can play along with different flavors for your meatballs. Bite-size meatballs will be a guaranteed hit that can satisfy guests with a savory tooth. You can go for Moroccan meatballs that are portioned in tomatoes with eggs or go for ground lamb meat instead of using beef for a Turkish meatball.
3. Vegetables wrapped in bacon. This can basically be any vegetable that you like but most commonly used vegetables are potatoes and asparagus. These are standard finger foods that are bursting with flavors. This dish is one of the favorites and can surely fill up the stomachs of your attendees.
4. Mozzarella Balls. You can ask your caterer to prepare the mozzarella balls extra crispy. You can also add some zest of lemon and basil to achieve a truer Italian flavor. You can also try these fried mozzarella balls with garlic aioli or dip it in a marinara paste.
5. Mini cakes made of crab. These crab cakes are delicious to eat and are full of fresh crab meat. They will surely draw attention from seafood lovers who will be attending your event. You can also make the menu extra special by putting a simple relish and bring color to the dish.
6. Mushrooms stuffed with cheese. These cheese-stuffed mushrooms are a combination of pungent flavors and a cheesy taste. You can add some onion flavor and cayenne pepper which can enhance it and give it a delectable flavor. To make it more filling, you can also add some meat to the stuffing.
7. Shrimp cocktail plus dipping sauce. Most often, the typical shrimp cocktail you see is something that looks boring and surely expected. To make this delicious dish way better, you can change it up by adding some flavor and hot pepper sauce. You can use pepper sauce, chillies, and lime juice to put a Mexican flavor to this traditional item on the menu.
8. Bruschetta. This menu item is a light, crispy finger food that bursts with flavor. You can top it with various flavors. You can also enhance it up with vinaigrette and some tomatoes. You can also use various types of cheese as toppings such as mozzarella and parmesan cheese. You can also consider adding fruits such as mangoes to create a sweet flavor.
These are just some of the top finger foods that you or your caterer can serve on your events. It’s easy and convenient for your guests to dig in on these treats. Your guests will be awaiting for your following events to munch on the goodies on your menu.